Guest Article by Emily Graham of Mighty Moms
*with some additional formatting and comments by Valerie
Image via Pexels
* We are all schooling at home now
Whether your little one is participating in distance learning due to COVID-19 — or you’re looking for some ways to supplement your child’s education from home — the resources below offer tips on online learning, finding a tutoring service, and helping your kindergartner to learn with fun educational activities and family outings. Read on to discover resources that will help to supplement your child’s education during the pandemic — and well after it ends.
Online Learning Tips
To ensure that your child gets the most out of the online learning experience, check out these three resources.
● Review these distance learning tips and ideas.
● Utilize online learning tools like ABCmouse, Reading Eggs, and Starfall.
● Learn everything there is to know about digital security to keep your little learners safe and protected online.
Whether your little one is struggling in an area like math, science, or reading — or you’d like to expand your child’s knowledge from home during the pandemic — these tutoring services can help.
● Overcome the challenges of homeschooling by connecting with a skilled tutor from Coskrey Biz.
● Need help with your child’s homework assignments? Use online resources like Chegg Tutors, Homeworkhelp.com, and Time4Learning.
● Visit free educational websites like Scholastic, Sesame Street, PBS Kids, CoolMath, and TIME for Kids to expand your child’s knowledge from home.
Educational Activities for Young Kids
Make learning fun with these educational activities and attractions for young children.
● Learn astronomy in your own backyard.
● Explore Moab as a family with outdoor entertainment, hiking, biking, climbing, and more. Just don’t forget your face mask!
● Keep little ones busy at home with these 20 fun learning activities from Good Housekeeping.
● Teach your children about nature by observing wildlife in your own backyard.
* Help students stay caught-up
Many kids have fallen behind on their learning amid COVID-19 — but the resources above can help to supplement your child’s education through fun learning activities, tutoring services, and online learning tools. Instead of playing catch-up once the pandemic ends, help your little one to get one step ahead by supplementing your child’s learning from home!
*A note from Valerie: Add your suggestions via the comments. Comments are moderated, but I will take a look at the links you send and decide. I will also add a few comments of my own for other links that I have found.
Thanks to Emily for her suggestions. She has been homeschooling/coaching her children during the closing of schools and required online sessions. She speaks from personal experience.